Rain Delay

R H
Updated at 2020-06-10 03:03:28 UTC
Topic: General

Why or how does the rain delay option work?

Mine is set up with the minimum rain but the program still goes off no matter what. 

My B-hyve sends me a “rain delay” message. 

View: 1638    Follow: 0   

1 Answer    Click the answer to view the full answer and comments

Netro Inc
Updated at 2020-06-10 07:42:23 UTC

Dear customer,

As you set the rain threshold "0.1" inch and days to skip as "rainy day", Netro will skip your watering schedules when the reported rain amount is larger than 0.1 inch. Netro skipped your schedules on June 8. Could you please let us know on which day Netro still watered your zone even it's raining? Rain amount was less than 0.1 inch reported by Accuweather expect on June 8 and perhaps the weather provider is not accurate. You can  find the historical rain data here https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver/80203/june-weather/347810?year=2020&view=list

If Accuweather does not work for you, you could try other weather source in settings->controller->weather provider. 

Of course, all weather forecast could be wrong. Netro tries the best to provide accurate watering schedule even with incorrect forecast. First, we periodically update the weather data, once the weather data is changed, we update the un-executed schedules ASAP. Second, we re-check the weather data for the past, update our model, and adjust following schedules accordingly. For example, Netro may not water today due to large rainfall from forecast data. The next day, Netro re-check the weather data, if no rainfall found and your soil is dry enough, Netro will water accordingly.

Thanks,

Netro Support