Alexa Skill

Louise Brinkman
Updated at 2023-10-13 01:00:17 UTC
Topic: Connected Home
Are there any plans to update the Alexa Skill? ... it's over a year and a half since the skill's been released and does need some urgent attention. One being to be able to run a saved program via Alexa and not just one single zone.  Hugely important.  The other (and quite annoying) is how it is coded into your skill to have Alexa ask "what else can I do for you?" over and over (and it is not Alexa but your skill)..this causes freezing on the Echo Show display so even if one does want Alexa to "do" something it does not respond...again, not Alexa, but your skill. Presently, one has to tell Alexa "goodbye" wait for at least a minute, before using my Show for another purpose...I have follow up turned off on all my devices in my Alexa settings.  No other skill causes Alexa to respond this way - freezing and "what else can I do".  It is unnecessary and needs to be removed for the reasons stated.  Can you advise when the skill will be updated?  Many customers, like myself, purchased your controller because of the Alexa compatibility which presently is very minimal.  Not all of us want to whip out a phone to run a program which is why we have Alexa & Google devices in the first place.  The IOS app has been updated, but the Alexa skill sadly has not.  Thank you in advance and eagerly await your reply,  kind regards 
View: 660    Follow: 0    Like: 0

Wency Pan
2023-10-13 02:16:24 UTC  
Dear Louise,

Thank you for your request. I will forward it to our R&D team for further consideration. We will discuss the next steps and provide you with updates as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Wency
Netro Support

Louise Brinkman
2023-10-13 04:21:24 UTC  
Thanks Wency, much appreciated, kind regards

Wency Pan
2023-11-10 03:05:14 UTC  
Dear Louise,

We have made two modifications to Alexa based on your feedback and you can find the below info:

1.We have removed the pop-up box when user voice outputs a reply.
2.We have recognized "zonaName" in English language commands.
Regarding programs, we currently do not support this feature as Alexa's recognition of program names can be challenging.

Netro program has a start time and end time. However, when users run a program through Alexa, they may want to run immediately rather than waiting for the scheduled program start time.
In this way, the program will be skipped when the actual program time arrives.

We would like to know your preference regarding skipping or continuing watering when it reaches the program time for the day.
Your input is valuable to us.

Thanks,
Wency
Netro Support