Wency Pan
Updated at 2022-06-07 05:43:27 UTC

Hi Simon, 

For the smart watering ,we checked for your zone "Raised Bed" and you selected dripper/emitter for your zones, this is why the zones have longer watering duration than other zones as dripping/emitter system is really slow in moving watering to the ground. 

EPA standard encourage longer water time and less water frequency, which will help growth of the roots. It will also break long water time to several small slots to prevent water runoff. If you think the smart schedules water too much , you can change to different smart zone mode (ECO). 

When Sprite finishes running a watering schedule, it will send a confirmation to the cloud server. In this way, the could server knows whether the schedules are correctly executed or not. The exclamation mark means the cloud server did not receive the confirmation from the device. There are two possible causes: 

1. the device is not powered up when it was supposed to be powered up to run that schedule. Therefore, the corresponding zone is not watered (what is why we use the exclamation to alert users) 

2. the schedule run fine but it was during a temporary network outage or exception so that the confirmation cannot be delivered to the server. Wireless connection can be unstable for a short peroid time so it is not uncommon to have a glitch in the communication. 

If the schedules afterwards are all correctly run, it could just be a temporary network issues. But if that happens a lot please check the WiFi signal strength.

If you use a WiFi extender, please make sure it is connected to the main router stably. 

Netro will send notification when the system is offline more than 24 hours. But you need to enable Netro App notification in your smart phone settings. 

Thanks, 

Wency 

Netro Support

View: 688    Like: 1

Simon Clark
2022-06-09 07:40:14 UTC  
Thank you. Not sure why the length of run time influences whether the following schedules run or not. Also I’ve seen this response before but this isnt good enough. I understand at the time it runs that there Netro might lose signal but internally it must know if power was applied to the zone or not. If it was then the Netro should be checking in with the cloud later when it has connection to update this.
What you are saying is I need to go and physically check my soil to ensure it’s actually been watered which defeats the purpose of automated watering.
Wency Pan
2022-06-10 07:44:42 UTC  
Hi Simon,

The yellow tag in the calendar does not necessary mean the schedules did not run, it means the cloud did not receive the signal when the schedules finished, which mean be caused by the internet glitch.

Could you [lease do a manual run test, see if there is water come out when your manual run start to water? If it works, the connection should be fine.

Thanks,
Wency

Simon Clark
2022-06-23 13:09:19 UTC  
Hi.
I’ve seen this reply before and frankly it’s not good enough. The system must know that it applied power to the zone. I struggle to understand why a lack of internet at exactly that moment means it can’t report the status when it does get connection. All I think is that there is no onboard memory on the box which is shocking design.
What is more as it doesn’t know that it’s watered the zone the smart scheduling schedules another one later that session or for the next one. For zones that I expect to be watered once a week are now getting twice a day for 45 minutes. This is not how this product should work , it is a massive waste of water and is damaging my plants. The opposite of what this sort of product advertises as doing.
At this rate I have to turn back to manual schedules which means I might as well have a simple box rather than an expensive smart controller.
Wency Pan
2022-06-24 02:52:13 UTC  
Hi Simon,

I will forward your request to our R&D and we will discuss about it.

For the smart watering, as Netro did receive the signal when the schedules finished, so the moisture level does not increase. The system is trying to maintain the moisture level so you see Netro is watering more.

Could you please also let us know if you changed the zone settings, for example, sprinkler type?

We can help you reset the moisture level if it is not correct. Or you can.go to Discover page, tap the “+” button and select ”correct Rainfall” and choose a higher value. In this way Netro will automatically increase your moisture level to a higher value. 

Thanks,
Wency