Installation Direct to pump

Tim Foster
Updated at 2019-10-03 11:23:32 UTC
Topic: Installation

OK. I have my plumber installing this. Unfortunately, this is México and so beyond the basics, most plumbers are struggling about in the dark. We've figured most of it out, but we're a bit in the dark on a couple of bits.

I have the following:

A ground source well with a Franklin Electric submersible pump as my water source. This pumps directly from the ground to the zone controller.

The zone controller is an Antelco EzyValve4 solenoid (https://antelco.com/us/products/valves/automatic/ezyvalve-4). This has a water input and four zone outputs. Each of the four solenoids has two wires and their website shows how to connect 1 of the wires together as the common and then the other four for each controller. This is all good.

The problem is power to the pump. The Netro installation video says "if you have a master valve, connect that to the M slot". I googled a bit and found "A master valve is an automatic valve that is installed at the point where the irrigation system connects to the water supply. (Sometimes this circuit is called a “pump start circuit”. Both types of circuits work identical, and can be used for a pump and/or a master valve.) The controller turns the master valve on and off."

So, does this mean I connect the power from the pump directly to the "M" slot? and would this then turn on the pump when a zone is opened for watering? So, Zone 1 comes on to water the garden, does this also switch the pump on?

From what I understand the pump will be 110v, so do I need a relay unit between the pump wire and the Neatro (24v)?

Can anyone give me a confirmation that this is the right way to configure it please?

View: 1916    Follow: 0   

2 Answers    Click the answer to view the full answer and comments