Photinia Fraseri Red robin area setup and others

Giacomo
Updated at 2020-03-24 14:44:34 UTC
Topic: Smart Watering

Hi , I'm an Italian happy owner of the netro sprite since last summer :)

Last year I used a classic static programs, this year I want to try the smart side of the platform, I've set my seven zones (square meters,type, etc), but I've some questions:

1) I've two zones with Photinia Fraseri Red Robin (zone3,7), in the database I've set the "Photinia Fraseri", but I've a doubt for the area in sqm, is it square meters or linear meters? If I try to set 50sqm or 25 the water not change, is it correct?

2) The algorithm put 107minutes every 14.5days, I've ask to my gardener and he told me that it's too much water (about double) for that plants in this period. Can i set up only this zone with customs specs?

3) I want to buy the Whisperer sensors, but in Amazon.it there is only the sprite, if I buy by netrohome portal the delivery may be slow, there are additional customs duty,etc. Any chance to see in Amazon.it?

Thanks in advance

View: 1797    Follow: 0   

1 Answer    Click the answer to view the full answer and comments

Netro Support
Updated at 2020-03-25 05:40:00 UTC

Dear customer,

1. As to set up sqm, the unit is square meter. If you change the area, the water usage will be different. Netro uses the area and depth flow rate(inch/hour) to calculate the water usage. When the sprinkler system is professionally designed and installed, the zone is usually covered evenly, which means the large the zone is, the more sprinkler heads it needs. So the equation we use is Area(inch^2) x depth flow rate (inch/hour) x time (hour) = water usage(inch^3)

2. Yes you could set your zone with customized mode. To adjust smart watering, please go to settings->zones->select a zone->smart zone and choose your preferred watering mode. You can choose "customized" mode to adjust watering by providing the preferred moisture level and flow rate of your sprinklers.

3. We plan to sell on Amazon. it in the second half of 2020. Currently you can buy Whisperer sensors on our website and the delivery time takes about on week. Free shipping on orders over $ 150.

Thanks,

Netro Support