Keep Connected option

Since wifi uses a fair amount of regular power, I assume the Pixie cannot be kept connected to the Internet or remain online for long periods of time. Yet the instructions and website don't seem to offer much guidance, and if so, I have not been able to find it.

So I experimented. I set the Keep Connected option to 9 am to 7:30 pm for Thursday. Seems the battery went dead in a day. 

I gather the Keep Connected option is limited. If so, any guidance would be appreciated. I did find it concerning that neither the Netro app nor the experimental web app showed the rapid deterioration in battery power.

Ideally users would have the option to set multiple blocks for Keep Connected. For example, I would like the Pixie to stay online from 7 am to 8 am and then again from 6 pm to 7 pm. Is that something that's in the works? I know most customers might not need such an option, but for some such as myself it would be useful.

I also imagine there is some kind of obstacle to the device sending out a WAKE UP command when a user wants to connect. Such as feature would obviously be great.

The particulars: 

The Netro app said I had 82% power at the start of Thursday. The app also said I had 82% power as of Friday morning (data appeared frozen in retrospect).

On Friday afternoon, the app suddenly told me it was zero power (while the experimental web app told me it was at 84% power and then 9% power on Fri afternoon). The app went from showing itself to be ONLINE, as it should, to NEXT SYNC. No warning or anything or the app showing a gradual depletion of power.

Answer From Netro Inc

Netro Inc
Updated at 2020-04-18 02:04:48 UTC

Dear customer,

The "keep online" feature uses more battery power and we will improve the "keep online" feature by automatically disabling it if the battery level is low. We will have our developer look into your suggestion and reply to you through email. Thanks so much for your suggestions. 

View: 1314    Like: 0