User Guide - Manual watering with your Pixie timer

Netro Inc
Updated at 2020-06-22 07:37:55 UTC
Topic: General, Netro App

The Pixie timer is designed for automatic watering. However, occasionally you may still need to turn on/off the water manually. Before explaining manual watering from the app, it would be helpful to understand how the Pixie communicates with the Netro cloud server.

By default, your Pixie turns on its WiFi module once every hour to sync up with the server. The sync-up usually takes less than one minute. For the next 59 minutes the timer will be sleeping and disconnected from the WiFi until the next sync. When the timer is sleeping, it is unaware of the schedule changes, including the manual watering.

Therefore, when you start a manual run, the timer is most likely in sleep mode. It will have to wait until the next sync-up to start the watering. The waiting time will be less than 60 minutes. Take the following screenshot for example:

The current time is 5:24AM and the next sync is scheduled at 6:17AM. Therefore the waiting time is going to be 53 minutes. After you press the Start button, you can go to the Schedule page and the manual run at  6:17AM will appear on your calendar.

View: 2988    Follow: 0    Like: 0

aaronDNA
2020-06-19 17:02:00 UTC  
It would be much more user friendly if you just created a ‘start’ and ‘stop’ button for manual / on-demand watering on the home screen of the app. This is a major frustration point for me.
Netro Inc
2020-06-20 07:32:02 UTC  
Hi Aaron,

Sorry about the inconvenience and I will forward it to our R&D and we will discuss about it.

Thanks,
Nerro Support

Brendan Burke
2020-06-23 03:24:34 UTC  
Holy crap this has to be the biggest failure between software and hardware design I’ve seen in well 6 days. This thing should have a big giant huge ass red and green on off button so I can turn my water on or off when Im not here. Don’t bother trying to make skynet or Wall Street fractional penny sniping robots with your physics PhD, just let me turn water on and off while I’m on an island off Thailand.

Rebecca Stanke
2022-03-19 23:46:19 UTC  
This is a huge inconvenience for me, I told the timer to stay online and it’s sleeping?

Roderick Graham
2022-06-25 22:30:39 UTC  
I enabled the "Keep OnLine (Beta)" feature and enabled a single time frame from 00:00-23:59 however the app home page still shows the pixie's sync status as 'Standby'