Yard dying in Houston, TX

Daniel Alman
Updated at 2020-06-19 17:32:45 UTC
Topic: Connected Home
My yard is browning due to water starvation, I don’t think it’s watering enough. It’s been hot and dry here for a few weeks, no rain. I want to preserve my lawn and garden!!  I have smart irrigation enabled and I exepect the algorithms to be smarter than I am. I guessed on my soil type as sandy loam, I am a rookie. Help!!
View: 1594    Follow: 0   

2 Answers    Click the answer to view the full answer and comments

Netro Inc
Updated at 2020-06-22 05:33:39 UTC

Dear Daniel.

Thanks for contacting us. We just checked your schedule and most of your zones(grass type) is once or twice a week for about 40 minutes. For shrubs, the watering is about once a month. This is because shrubs or trees which typically have longer roots than grass will absorb water from deeper soil so it takes more days for the moisture level to drop. To refill the mositure level up, it takes longer time running the sprinklers too. 

To adjust smart watering, please go to settings->zones->select a zone->smart zone and choose your preferred watering mode. We recommend you to choose boost mode to increase the watering amount.  You can choose "customized" mode to adjust watering by providing the preferred moisture level and flow rate of your sprinklers.

Thanks,

Netro Support